- What is the application of
a) structural Proteomics,
b) Functional Proteomics?
- What is a Recombinant DNA?
- Why don’t the restriction enzymes destroy the DNA of the organism in which they are produced?
- What function the enzymes DNA ligase perform?
- What are the essential features of a vector?
- What are ‘immunotoxins’?
- What is the use of ‘drug designing’?
- What is the advantage of using an ‘immobilized enzyme’ over a ‘free enzyme’?
- Discuss the use of molecular probes and antibodies in forensic science for identification of criminals.
- What are YACs and contigs? How do they help in making the molecular maps for animal genomes?
- What are monoclonal antibodies? What is the method to prepare monoclonal antibodies?
- What is ‘hybridoma technology”?
- What do you mean by the term “tissue engineering”?
- What is vector less gene transfer? What are the methods used to transfer genes directly in plants?
- How are virus- free plants obtained?
- What do you mean by term “embryo rescue”?
- Name two conditions necessary for maintaining animal cells in culture which are different from plant cell culture.
- What is the composition of nutrient media used for plant culture?
- What are cell lines? How are the growth characteristics of cell lines determined?
- What is the importance of karyotyping in established cell lines?
- What is the difference between primary cell lines and secondary cell lines?
- Explain how embryo rescue can be used to produce novel hybrids?
- Explain why Agrobacterium tumefaciens is known as “natural genetic engineer of plants”?
- What is the common strategy to produce transgenic crops with delayed ripening and longer shelf life of fruits?
- Why was it necessary to create a bioinformatics database?
- Name some of the database retrieval tools. What is their purpose?
- What is the BLAST family of search tools?
- Based on genomic studies, why do people say that different species and organism had a common ancestor 100 million years ago?
- What are the two techniques which help us to understand the gene expressed in a cell or tissue under different environmental conditions?
What is the mode of action of tPA? How is it produced by animal cell culture technology?